photo RoundBlogHeader_zpsd30a0e76.jpg
 photo Home_zps50395bcc.png  photo About_zps10608490.png  photo Shop_zps9def0362.png Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo instagram_zps6509f02c.png

Feb 4, 2013

2012 Disney Family Vacation – Islands of Adventure

islands of adventure

follow me on Instagram: @vmarie4444

The final day of our Disney/Universal awesomeness was pretty awesome and pretty crappy. First, we get there when the park opens and mosey on over to the Harry Potter section so we could get the best one over with first then take our time getting to everything else. Holy crap there were a million people there already. We get to the Forbidden Journey ride and there’s already a 2 hour wait. We know it won’t get any shorter, so we stand in line. Not a huge deal. THEN this stupid kid cuts in front of us. I have no problem saying anything. I get ignored. THEN that stupid kid’s entire family joins him. My dad is not a confrontational person. He said something to them. Of course they acted like we were crazy. I don’t think they understood how much they cut in line. It wasn’t like we were the end of the line and only 5 or 6 people were behind us. There were about 50 people behind us, at least. So we got to be angry the entire time we were in line. The stupid kid even had the nerve to say that we needed to chill out (even though we weren’t being crazy at all) because we’re all getting on the same ride so it doesn’t matter. If we were all getting on the same ride and it doesn’t matter then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CUTTING IN LINE?! My question was not answered. We ate cookies and chatted up some strangers while we waited in line for 2 hours. Then there was the hell of checking our stuff into a locker because loose items were not allowed on the ride. That was a journey in itself. We finally make it to the actual ride and it was FREAKING AMAZING. Totally worth it. So damn cool that I didn’t care about what we had to suffer through to get there. haha.

After that, we decided to get the heck outta that Harry Potter area. I couldn’t handle the amount of strangers that were touching me. We made a plan to go back later. Little did we know we wouldn’t be allowed to. Sooo many people tried to get into the Harry Potter area that they had to shut it down. They started handing out “come back later” tickets. We did not go back later.

Instead, we went on to Poseidon’s Fury, Jurassic Park and saw a few shows. After the Sinbad stunt show, we got stuck in people. We literally got stuck in people. So many people were leaving that show, walking down the sidewalk and trying to get into the Harry Potter section that a mass of people just stopped moving. We couldn’t understand how it happened. I’m a short person. I’m only 5’2 1/2 (yes, I put the half in there) and I was standing behind what seemed like a 7 foot man. I kept basically grabbing his ass. All because my family piled up behind me because I can get through crowds pretty easily. This crowd was different. I got really anxious. I hated being stuck like that. My dad would say go and I’d yell back “Uh, Dad I can’t see. There’s a giant man in front of me.” The giant man turned around, looked at me and laughed. He apologized for being so tall. I said he didn’t have to apologize, he just needed to use his tallness for good. He said he couldn’t see what was going on. Seriously?! After about 15 minutes of just being stuck to everyone around me, I got angry. I just told my family to hold on and I pushed through about 5 feet of people. Then we got stuck again. It was INSANE. Sooo many people, that don’t speak English, all trying to shove into the same area. It was so stupid. I had never been surrounded by so may stupid people in my entire life. We finally got through. Then it was over. I wanted to get the hell out of there.

We left the park pretty early that afternoon, then headed over to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. It was AMAZING! Such a great way to end our trip. I was so happy afterward :) Then we went back to the condo to rest up for the 19 hour drive back to Texas the next day. It was easier. I also had to drive for 6 hours instead of 3 hours like on the way there. ha. My dad was tired. I trusted myself more than I trusted him to get us back home. We made it safely. I was happy with my Christmas :)

 

What’s the longest drive you’ve ever made?

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment