photo RoundBlogHeader_zpsd30a0e76.jpg
 photo Home_zps50395bcc.png  photo About_zps10608490.png  photo Shop_zps9def0362.png Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo instagram_zps6509f02c.png

Feb 27, 2013

Zoo trip!


ethans1sttriptothezoo
I posted recently about how badly I’ve wanted to go to the zoo…AND I FINALLY GOT TO GO! It is more than a little ridiculous that I haven’t been to the zoo in a few years because I live roughly two blocks away from it. Maybe it is because every freakin year our school took us to the Houston Zoo because it was the cheapest thing to do? Well, a few months ago I learned they made some changes. SUPER awesome changes. Sooo, I decided I REALLY wanted to go. BAD. But of course, lack of time or $$ or not being able to schedule a time with someone to go…ya know how it goes. Well, my dad texted me around 6:30 am one morning asking if I wanted to go to the zoo that weekend. Um YES. Throughout the day we made plans, I invited people, blah blah blah…then my dad cancels on me that afternoon. Not a big surprise at all. BUT I said screw it. I’m still going to the damn zoo!
Luckily, my super awesome aunt/mom wanted to go! Her grandson, Ethan had never been. Why in the world hasn’t this kid gone to the zoo at least fifteen times like I had by that age?! Let me tell you, it was hilarious when we brought that kid into the zoo. He was freaking out. FREAKING OUT. So bad that while I was carrying him and showing him the fish can’t jump out the giant water bowls they are in, I put my hands in the air and this kid was holding onto me so tight he stayed there. Like a monkey clinging to a tree. He’d say NO TOUCH! haha I was putting my hands all over the glass to show him they weren’t going to get me or come out. I even pointed out some wimpy looking kids and how they weren’t scared. He didn’t buy it. After a while, he got the hang of it. He realized those animals weren’t out to get him.
He saw a turkey and thought it was pretty cool. At least that is what I’m assuming because he stared at it for a while. The meerkats were pretty darn cute. Oh! The giraffes! I loved them. Ethan did too. He was pretty excited when we saw them. He also really liked all the fake animals way more than the real animals. He got a kick out of the buttons you push that made the animal sounds. Crazy kid.
As you can see in the last picture, he was worn out. It was great. He’s nice when he’s sleeping!

When is the last time you’ve been to the zoo?

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment