photo RoundBlogHeader_zpsd30a0e76.jpg
 photo Home_zps50395bcc.png  photo About_zps10608490.png  photo Shop_zps9def0362.png Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  photo instagram_zps6509f02c.png

Jan 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

 photo 01-01-14_zps274af66d.jpg

I cannot believe how quick 2013 went by. A lot has happened. I'm glad to be starting the new year well. I took my first vacation day from work in the last six months to road trip to Austin to spend new year's eve with my wifey (bestie) Mel. I tried REALLY hard not to wake up early, but my crazy body is so used to waking up for work. I headed out to Austin and got there by noon. I went out to lunch with Mel and her boyfriend. Sooo yummy. Then we did a little shopping for booze and watched a few halves of movies. We went out for a yummy dinner then met up with a couple friends at a bar close by. It was COLD. The bar was mainly outdoors so they had those super cool fire lamps and even fire pits scattered around the property. We huddled around those and talked to some interesting people. We were approached and asked if we could be kissed at midnight. It was very odd. haha Some people really have no shame. A little before midnight we went to the bar where my wifey's boyfriend works. Free drinks are AWESOME! We stuck around there til after 3 AM just talking to some hilarious people. I really am surprised I didn't just pass out there. I'm getting too old for staying up past midnight! ha. Our after party consisted of cooking breakfast and watching Monsters University at 4 AM. We're crazy huh? I'm pretty sure I fell asleep close to 5 AM then ended up waking up at 9 AM. Whyyyy won't my body let me sleep? We got to be super lazy and play with the puppies while watching more halves of movies. We even took a ride to Whataburger to pick up lunch in our jammies because there was no way we were going to put any effort into getting dressed and being presentable out in the world. Mel tried to convince me to take the rest of the week off work. Oh how I wish I could! 

I had so much fun and ate and drank as much junk as possible before the new year haha I had to get it all over with before getting started on my goals. My goals for the year: be more organized, live a healthier lifestyle, develop and stick to a work out routine, save money, and enroll in classes to finish up school. We'll see how it goes!

How did you spend your new year's eve? What are you goals or resolutions for 2014?


 photo blogsignature_zps55df4cd6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment